Thursday, February 7, 2008

Railfan Info Coming Soon!

I apologize for the lapse in posts here at WisconsinRailfan but it's been a winter where we haven't traveled with all the snow and ice. We haven't been to IRM since early December 2007 and it doesn't look like we'll be going there anytime soon.

Chuck has been doing restoration work on some windows from one of the heavyweight passenger cars from Barn 3 since December. He brought the windows home to make working on them less stressful.

About two weeks ago I decided that I've been trying to do too many things with all the websites I've been building. I've been spread too thin to really have a focus. One of the sites I built some time back is called RailfanInfo and it finally dawned on me that I only want to focus on content for my fellow railfans. So I've done a quick revamp of the site in appearance with the intent of creating really useful content once I get the site setup the way I want. And Chuck is going to work with me as he has time with our goal being to create the most complete railfan information site on the World Wide Web.

It's an ambitious goal to be sure. You can help by letting us know what kind of railfan information you want to see that you can't find. That's what we're aiming to provide. Our ideas so far have been to categorize the various railfan sites out there so the links are in some sort of order that makes it easy to find stuff. And we plan to write reviews of locations, events, excursions, fan trips, museums, and other railfan specific activities we participate in or experience.

Rome wasn't built in a day and RailfanInfo will take quite a bit of time to get to the point where we feel we are offering something valuable to the railfan community, but it will be fun and educational.

Feel free to email me with any suggestions you have for desired content on RailfanInfo: pauline at railfaninfo.com. (Just use the @ symbol instead of the word 'at' to make the email address functional.)

We're looking forward to building a community of railfans online and hope to see you there!

No comments: